Monday, December 10, 2012

My Career Path!

When first starting this course I had a very specific career path that i wanted to accomplish. Growing up around experimental aircraft, my dream has always been to work in that field. I used to always hope for a job working with the Experimental Aircraft Association. 

Throughout the senior seminar course my course my career path has not changed much, it has just become less strict. Although I would still love to acquire a job working with experimental aircraft, I now believe that I would also enjoy other aviation career choices. I want to progress my qualifications in aviation as much as possible, I want to be the best possible aviator I can be. This means that I need to experience many different facets of aviation. Although I can not give many specific examples as to why my extremely selective career choice as expanded, I can say that I believe this is because of all the different guest speakers I got to experience this year in senior seminar. All of the men and women who explained their career choices seemed very passionate and excited about what they do, which is why I believe that I would be happy with different types of careers. 

The most interesting to me blog topic I have written about so far is my blog about experimental aircraft. As I stated in that post, I believe that for non commercial purposes, you really can't beat experimental aircraft considering the "wow factor" for the price that you pay. 

Out of all the guest speakers we had during senior seminar this year, my favorite were the girls from the Detroit Metro air traffic control tower. Previously I did not have much knowledge about ATC, and after they spoke I really think I learned a lot. They both seemed to really enjoy what they do which I also appreciate. 

After graduation, I know that I may not snag my dream job right away. Knowing this, I know that as long as I stay focused and aspire to achieve, I will reach my goals eventually. I plan on soon becoming a CFI and after that I think I would enjoy teaching others to fly, sharing in my passion.

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad the guest speakers helped you expand your possibilities. The DTW controllers seem to be a popular guest speaker choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems to me that after reading our posts, a majority of us have expanded the potential avenues that we can take through our careers. It is exciting to know that there are many roads we can take related to aviation! Good luck Ryan!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree Joe, it really shows in that everyone is expanding their potential jobs they would be willing to take. Ryan I know you will find something that you will love in Experimental aircraft someday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel that the women from ATC were definitely the most "entertaining".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best of luck Ryan, experimental flying seems like it will be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are lucky that Aviation has so many options and I'm sure we will explore all of them!

    ReplyDelete